YSS Sponsor Awards for Excellence in Disability Sports
Yorkshire Staffing Services proudly sponsored the Lifetime Achievement Award at the recent Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Awards for Excellence in Disability Sports, held at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Hull.
Held every year, Yorkshire Staffing Services have been a sponsor since the awards started in 2015. Now the region’s largest awards for disability sports, the Awards for Excellence provide much needed support for more than 300 people to achieve their goals in sport.
The event, co-hosted by Yorkshire Staffing Services Managing Director Jo Fleming (who is a trustee of Disability Sports Humber), brings some very deserving recognition to the many people who are involved in disability sports locally.
“It’s a great honour and I’m very exciting to be asked to host the awards, especially when you hear some of the very inspiring stories from the nominees and sports people like Chris Skelley” Jo said.
“We have a great community spirit at YSS. The sporting achievements we’ve celebrated tonight are a fantastic lesson for us all. It shows what can be achieved by having the right attitude and what attributes are required to be a champion.”
There were 17 Awards in total presented on the night.
- Hull Student of the Year: James Eales
- Volunteer of the Year: Brid Loubani
- Fundraiser of the Year: Janine Houghton
- Educational (School, College, University) of the Year: Market Weighton Senior School
- Provider of the Year: Olcote Squash Academy
- Athlete of the Year: Ben Leech
- Young Male Player of the Year: Harry Clegg
- Young Female Player of the Year: Milli Leech
- Male Player of the Year: Matthew Woollias
- Female Player of the Year: Jessica Trowell
- Coach of the Year: Lisa Leech
- Club of the Year: Kingston Kestrels Para Ice Hockey
- Special Moment of the Year: Isaac Harvey
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Janet Nolan
- Unsung Hero: John Crichton
- Unrecognised Hero of the Night: Fiona Morris
- Champion of Champions: Janet Nolan