Our client is currently recruiting for a shift Operations clerk to ensure that the site operations are effectively and efficiently managed in order to meet and exceed the customers’ requirements.
The purpose of the role is to be able to work effectively with all members of staff and clients within the operation and beyond, also to build a good working relationship with contractors and suppliers.
The role is a key position on the site and requires a high degree of flexibility and commitment to weekend work.
Shifts are rotating 07:00 – 15:00 / 15:00 – 23:00 and weekend work on a rota basis if required.
- A good understanding of SAP or other WM system.
- Able to work to required deadlines.
- The ability to manage, motivate and work as part of a team.
- Good communication skill.
- Flexible start and finish times (ie shift work)
- Supervisory Courses.
- Management Development Courses.
- MHE Licences.
- GCSE English & Maths.
- Health & Safety awareness.
- Use of manual handling equipment.
- Previous warehouse experience.
- Customer Focus.
- Basic PC literacy, Warehouse Management System.
- Financial awareness, KPIs.
- Security awareness.
- Ability to deliver coaching / training.
General role responsibilities
- Understand and comply with all relevant Company rules, agreements, policies, procedures and with all relevant legislative requirements and codes of practice.
- Ensure Company business is treated in the strictest confidence and not disclosed to persons outside the Company.
- Act in a professional manner, ensure good working relationships are maintained and promote a good image of the Company at all times
- Maintain and comply with all Health, Safety and Environmental standards, to be aware of the Occupational Health & Safety Management System, OHSAS18001 and to appreciate the responsibility you have to adhere to the respective procedures.
- Be aware that the Company operates a Quality Assurance system BS EN ISO 9001 and adhere to the respective procedures.
- Ensure a good standard of housekeeping through observance of relevant Company policies and ensure that work areas are secure and locked when unoccupied.
- Where appropriate challenge and determine reasons for presence on site of any unauthorised person.
- Attend any development training as required in compliance with the Company’s commitment to the Investors In People standard.
Reporting to the Stock Controller your key working relationship is with the Shift Supervisor. They will assist in prioritizing your work load.
The Shift Team Leaders will be another key working relationship, together you will dictate the pace and sequence the work is completed.
Key accountability areas
- To allocate work to all staff that jobholder has responsibility for, in a fair manner, whilst ensuring meeting of operational requirements.
- To ensure the efficient and effective achievement of all operational targets and key performance indicators.
- To ensure excellent working relationships with the client and internal customers within the organisation.
- To ensure that customers requirements are fulfilled to the highest possible standard at all times.
- To support the stock controller in all operational duties and to cover warehouse operational duties as and when required.
- To work as a team and to train / support colleagues at all levels.
- To ensure a pro-active approach to cost and services performance improvements at all times.
- To contribute to the preparation of and meeting the targets set within the contact budget and business plan.
The above list of accountabilities is not exclusive or exhaustive and is not intended as a list of individual tasks. The role holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected commensurate with the scope and grading of the role. Role profiles should be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the role.
To apply for this position, please call Louise on 01482 213570 for more information.
We receive a high number of applications and as such if you have successfully progressed to the next stage of application one of our consultants will contact you directly. Yorkshire Staffing Services is committed to a policy of equal opportunities. A copy of this policy is available upon request.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you can be rest assured, even if you are not successful for the advertised vacancy we will keep your CV and details on file for 6 months and as soon as we have a vacancy that suits your skills we will be in touch.