11 Simple Steps to follow during the job interview process
Nervous. Worried. Butterflies. Just one of many feelings to feel prior to your job interview, it’s not all bad if you follow simple steps. Here at Yorkshire Staffing Services, we have designed 11 simple steps that you can follow before, during and after your job interview. It’s a well-known fact, that many candidates can overthink and miss important information they need to say in their interview because they let their worries rule over there pitch.
Before the interview:
1. The night before your interview prepare your outfit by making sure it’s smart and not inappropriate.
2. The night before your interview you should also check your route, journey and if there are any parking arrangements to ensure you arrive on time.
3. It’s important that you arrive at least 15 minutes before your interview.
4. Be polite to the receptionist or any staff you may meet upon your arrival.
During the interview:
5. There are three things to do before it’s your time BFC. Breath – this will help you stay calm. Focus by briefly reviewing your notes and finally be confident.
6. Your posture. During the interview sit up straight as this helps to maintain eye contact.
7. Breath during the interview. Remember it’s okay to take a breath before answering a question.
8. Remember at least two skills from your skillset that the interviewer can remember you for. This could be project management, leadership, team player etc.
9. Always ask a question at the end of your interview. For example, what makes your company different from others in the industry.
After the interview:
10. After, the interview evaluate yourself by focusing on the positives and areas you think you can improve on.
11. Follow up after the interview as this is a great way to show your interest and desire in the role. However, there is a fine line between being interested and become irritating as the follow up could backfire if it’s not done in the correct manner.
If you follow these simple eleven steps, you will have a clear perspective on what to expect. We would love to hear if you’ve got any other tips by simply commenting on our posts on Yorkshire Staffing Services official social media channels Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Don’t forget to share this article with your family and friends.